Friday, May 26, 2017

Fashionista!


Hello again and happy Friday!  I hope you're gearing up for an exceptional weekend, and for my American friends, a nice long Memorial Day holiday as we pay tribute to those who gave their lives for our freedom.  

I'm back with another card-upon-request, this one for a fashion school graduate.  I think this vintage kraft, red, black and ivory is one of my favorite color schemes!  My friend asked for a dress form image and some toile paper or fabric, and with that as a starting point, this is what I came up with.  


In addition to fabric, fitting a pattern requires a measuring tape, some straight pins and scissors, a spool of thread and some machine stitching.  Once the garment is completed, it is tagged and hung on a rack...you can see the thought process behind the choices for this particular design and these embellishments.  :)


Since I used to make most of my own clothes, I really LOVED making this project!  It was a lot of fun!  I was pleased with the way it turned out, and I hope you like it, too!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Red and black is a great combo and you did this so well, Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I found your blog on the ICAD facebook page and decided to come and take a look! Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for the compliment AND the visit! I hope you'll come back again! Excited for ICAD to start!

      Delete