Thursday, May 11, 2017

Colorful Encouragement


When you're troubled or not feeling well, a colorful card with a cheery sentiment is like paper sunshine for the soul!  That's what I am hoping this card will be for my friend who's going through some exceptionally tough times right now.  I know she's worried, and this scripture will hopefully bring renewed strength and comfort to her weariness.  


This Graphic 45 paper is so lovely that I have a hard time with layouts because I just don't want to cover it up!  Here I chose a sentiment which fits within a small die, so most of the beautiful print underneath is still visible.

The wire stems of these flowers are great for attaching a fussy-cut butterfly so that it looks as though it is floating along in the garden.  The Wink of Stella over the Copic coloring gives the butterfly wings that glistening, powdery look that they have IRL.

Supplies from Stamp Simply:

2 comments:

  1. Nice, happy card to cheer someone up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen! I hope so. Her husband has been in ICU for a week. (I am trying to be better about actually sending cards! :) )

      Delete