Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Gina K Inspiration Hop--Day 3



The Design Team for Gina K. Designs welcomes you to another fabulous Inspiration Blog Hop! Gina and the Design Team will inspire you with many beautiful ideas! And as you hop through their blogs, make sure to leave a comment on each of them because we will choose a few random comments and those stampers will each win a grab bag of Gina K. Designs products! To see the full list of winners check the Big News forum at Stamp TV a few days after the hops.

I hope you've enjoyed hopping with our design team this week! Thank you for all the "love" you've left for us!  We love our illustrators and have a great time stamping projects to share with you!  Today we're sharing projects with Tami's Perfect Plaids, and the One Free with Three, Snow One Like You.


After lots of Christmas card-making, I thought I was entirely OUT of red card stock *gasp!* so I gathered together all of my scraps and made this little scrapling...and then I found ONE full sheet.  ;)  Time to make an order ASAP!

This layout is a mini version (the base is ~3 x 4 inches) of the sketch I hosted on Paper Craft Planet last week.  I used Tami's Perfect Plaids to make the horizontal accent, the little dots of ink added with a stylus.  It reminds me of warm flannel...the sleeve and cuff of Santa's pj's might look just like this!

Notes:
Perfect Plaids, in clear or rubber
Carta Bella Winter Fun designer paper
Clearsnap Colorbox inks
button
jute thread



I used more scraps of red card stock (yep, I'm hoarding that one last sheet!) for my second card, with a beautiful bright red cardinal singing a Christmas serenade from the "front porch" of his snowy winter home!  That pop of bright red really stands out in contrast to the muted warm grey weathered wood and soft, snowflake-sprinkled sky.

Notes:
Snow One Like You, in clear or rubber
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Copic markers
Basic Grey Serenade designer paper
Spellbinders circle dies
Polar White Flower Soft
music stickers
red grosgrain ribbon
red rhinestone

48 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, Deb! Love your coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the dot accents! Thanks for sharing that! The weather bird house is gorgeous!! drool

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute samples -- I LOVE your RED BIRD! Too cute~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both projects are beautiful, but your cardinal stole my heart!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So awesome Deb! Love the 'snow' on the little bird's house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such an awesome! :) Such a talented artist! Your eye for colors, patterns and layout are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such awesome cards Deb, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great job you did on using these stamp sets. I adore all your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty cards, Deb. Love the little bit of snow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How clever of you to add the musical note to your beautiful bird card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful work! I especially love the birdhouse!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your warm, rich tones - yay for red scraps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic cards! I love that little bird with the birdhouse!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely! really like the bird one! The musical note is a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome cards Deb- LOVE the muscial note ground under the birdhouse!! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cardinals are one of my favorite birds... this is beautiful card, and I like the music note!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great projects. Love the birdhouse card.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love..........love the birdhouse card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. My favorite is the bird's scene. Sooo cute. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the way you used the plaids on the first card, and that touch of snow on the bird house is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Adorable cards; love the details, especially on the 2nd card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cute cards and love the bird and his house!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great cards but I'd select the cardinal as my favorite. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love what you've made from the plaid and the snowy birdie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous cards, love the birdhouse card...awesome colors.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the birdhouse and birdie! Nice cards

    ReplyDelete
  27. TFS your cards, I thing I like the bird the best too.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love your birdhouse with the snow card! VERY pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Cute bird card!

    Kris in Alaska
    funamom at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  30. beautimus... absolutely adorable cardinal....

    ReplyDelete
  31. The little bird card is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  32. incredible! i love your cards. Thanks for sharing

    marianneDOTwanhamATgmailDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  33. Both are lovely but I love the little bird and bird house.

    Blessings,
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh, I am so loving that plaid stamp set! It's amazing how many variations you can get. Your little bird and birdhouse is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Ooooh, I love the nice warm plaid you created. And the details that you added to your second card just multiply its charm.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love the plaids and polka dots! Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love your ideas!
    ptucker6 at cox dot net

    ReplyDelete