Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Drape-fold card front



My friend, Kendra, is hosting a "Pin-spired Christmas Celebration" on her blog, and she has invited me to play along.  We're hoping you'll play along too!

If you hang out over at Paper Craft Planet, you might've seen this card posted for Monday's Tutorial!  It is a fashion/home-decor inspired project that is elegant and yet very simple to make.  Here's the pin of a vest from Saks that inspired this look, and some beautiful drapes that influenced my choice of colors and designer paper.  


While the tutorial I shared features this fold on a card front, it can be easily adapted to use on the front of a pretty gift package!  That's why I really wanted to share this technique for the holidays.  I hope you'll try it!

Notes:
Gourmet Rubber Stamps Made of Snow
Carta Bella Winter Fun designer paper (the 6 x 6 is sold out, but the 12 x 12 collection kit is still available)
Memento Espresso Truffle ink
Ranger ink
crocheted lace trim
pearls

4 comments:

  1. Love that card draping. Love that blue and brown together. All so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an elegant card! I love your choice of colors, and the fold is such a neat technique.

    ReplyDelete