Wednesday, July 13, 2011

New Flower Soft Christmas Globes


As I mentioned yesterday, I have been busy working on CHA projects.  Flower Soft has a gorgeous array of new products that will be released, and today on the Flower Soft blog we're sharing projects made with soon-to-be-released Christmas globes.

I love how easy the globe template makes these!  The oval perfectly fits with Spellbinders dies, so they're a piece of cake to die cut and assemble!  The package contains four prints, each designed to fussy-cut and layer with dimensional foam and embellish with Flower Soft (in this case, Polar White) so that the finished globe is filled with wonderful depth and texture.

I kept mine simple and traditional, using a Cuttlebug dotted Swiss embossing folder to texturize the card stock, emphasizing the pattern with a light sponging of white craft ink.  An outline of silver peel-off stickers gives the edges a more finished look.

This particular design reminds me of a song from the old Cokesbury hymnal we sang from when I was a young girl...if I remember correctly, it was #121, "The Church in the Wild Wood."  I can still hear the men singing "Oh, come, come, come!"  That sweet memory makes this particular print my favorite of the four designs!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so, so pretty. . .a breath of cool, sweet air on a hot summer day. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete