Friday, January 7, 2011

Music in Color


Here's one more Gina K card that I made for last night's release party.  My design team mate and friend Vicki Dutcher issued a color challenge:  chocolate, kraft, and turquoise.  I stamped the victrola from Nina's Gleefully Yours directly onto a piece of Basic Grey Jovial designer paper, then colored in a tiny bit of the design with a turquoise Copic marker.  There's a narrow strip of Girls' Paperie notes along the side, and I used a border punch to mimic the scroll that appears to the left of the staff in written music.  Everything was sponged with distress ink to warm the colors and tie the design together.

Although it does not look like it, this IS a Christmas card...the turquoise designer paper has words to a whole bunch of Christmas carols, so it carries the music theme throughout this design!

4 comments:

  1. OMGosh! Deb this is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb, your card is gorgeous! Love the papers you chose, the layout and that beautiful border punch.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I like that and the card stock is coolo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a beautiful card - I admit I didn't realize (at first) it is a Christmas card. Great combo of color and design.

    ReplyDelete