Sunday, January 30, 2011

LAD Sneak Peek!


It's the first day of sneak peeks for the upcoming Lizzie Anne Designs release!  When I first saw the new sets I loved them ALL but especially fell in love with "Bonjour!"  It kind of wraps together my love of my Louisiana heritage with memories of my one trip to Europe to meet my husband when the ship pulled into Marseilles...what a romantic trip that was!  I have a love of le fleur de lis and was thrilled to visit the Eiffel tower.

Black and ivory look so lovely together!  A little distress ink gives this card a vintage Parisian feel!  It was fun to pair a little Girls' Paperie music paper and October Afternoon's damask with this darling marionette image!    I used a Tim Holtz Sizzix die to cut some flowers from the white pages of an old phone book, inked and crinkled them, then layered them with some cut from tulle.  I added some little snap centers and tucked them on top of a bow of sheer organza.  Crumpling the ribbon with an embossing tool adds to the time-worn look (and like regular heat embossing, it is amazing to watch)!

Notes:
Memento ink
Tim Holtz tea-dye distress ink
Copic markers (warm grays and browns)
Nestabilities labels 10
Kaiser pearls
SU border punch
Tim Holtz tattered florals die 
Tim Holtz snaps
organdy ribbon


Be sure to visit the Lizzie Anne blog to see what the other girls created with this and other sets being shown today!

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous girly ~ just GORGEOUS! Hope you're having a good time.

    BTW ~ I just ran into someone at church today that knows you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving the flower and music paper. so great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Deb - this is gorgeous! I would love to play with these stamps! Can't wait to see the rest...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so very gorgeous, Deb!! I hope you're having a great time at CHA!! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is FABULOUS! Love the image and the papers are beautiful! Great flower!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful papers and design. Hope you have a great time at CHA!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my...wow. girl, this is awesome! that flower rocks!

    ReplyDelete