Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Flower Soft Sprinkle Challenge


Welcome to this week's Flower Soft Sprinkle Challenge and Blog Hop!  This week's theme is "Anything Flower Soft Goes!"  Our team is so excited to give you a little sneak peek at some of the products that will be featured at the upcoming Craft and Hobby Association gathering in Los Angeles at the end of next week!

Hopefully you have come here via Jeanne's blog...if not, you will want to start at the Flower Soft blog so that you can see every single project along the way!  (If you're looking for the D.I.V.A.S. oldies but goodies hop, please scroll to the next post!)

We invite you to play along with our challenge...you have two chances to win a prize...one by commenting on each of our design team member's blogs, and one by uploading your challenge creation to the gallery at SCS.  Each winner will be awarded a $50 gift certificate to shop at Flower Soft.

The challenge will remain open until 6 am February 4th.  **Notice that we are changing the challenges to every other week.**  The winners will be announced on the Flower Soft blog on February 4th.


I am in LOVE with the beautiful new Wild Flowers Die Cut Dimensions!  I adore the layered look of these lovely blossoms and I am SO THRILLED that I do NOT have to cut them out by hand!  I am so-not-fond of fussy cutting!

The multiple die cut sheets that come in the kit  include a ready-to-use punch out oval panel in several different floral patterns, along with lots of coordinating flowers to layer.  I saved the ready-to-use oval (you'll see it on my mates' blogs) for another card because I want to share how I plan to stretch my kit as far as it will go!  Here I used a trio of layered blooms with a nestabilities label that I cut from card stock.  I inked the oval before removing it from the die, stamped a JustRite sentiment (marker directly to rubber) then layered the entire panel on top of the kit's printed narrow "ribbon" border.  I used some old lace and a few Kaiser pearls for an even more vintage, elegant look.   I love how a little bit of citrus crush ultrafine flower soft makes the flowers even more realistic.

There are enough punch out blooms and ovals in the kit to make a lovely coordinating set of cards...and then several more in entirely different patterns!  They're gorgeous!  They look like you've spent hours slaving away with the paper snips!  Not so!  They punch out easily and take only a few minutes to adhere.

One of the other things that came in my box of goodies was some brand new neon yellow ultrafine flowersoft.  I decided to give it a try with my neon Copic markers on this groovy peace sign from OCL!  (so much for getting away without fussy-cutting something! don't like to do it but I do love the look!)  The bright colors really pop against some black card stock embellished with white crochet lace and a white embossed sentiment.  I still have to finish the inside, but my ds has already laid claims on this CAS retro card!  ;)

Just a reminder before you go...there is a new episode of Flower Soft TV every Friday. To register for announcements, contests and specials at Flower Soft TV go to http://www.flower-soft.tv/#information.html.

Next on the hop is Dini.  She's got a special treat for you today!  Have fun!

25 comments:

  1. Your first card is stunning. I love it.
    Hugs
    Agnieszka

    ReplyDelete
  2. The layers and dimension in the first card is beautiful. Thanks for the inspiration today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are STUNNING!!! WOw, I just love the first card. It's so soft and pretty. The Second card is darling love the peace sign!

    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you did with the neon! My daughter wanted it when I showed it to her. As for the first one, I will be lifting it! It is absolutely STUNNING!! You always do such beautiful work. :). Have an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my! I'm very new to flowersoft and only have the "sand" at the moment....

    my jaw is dropping at every post on this blog hop. Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deb, your projects are wonderful! Love the peace sign card! It's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The first card is so pretty and the second is super groovy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards! I love the flowers on the thank you cards! Thanks for sharing! I'm a follower! :) Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that pretty first card! Anne, yourmainestamper

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful cards lovely flowers tfs xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the delicate vintagy look of the first card and the modern look of the second-great work

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love those Flower Soft Die Cut Dimensions!! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. As I am from the "peac-nik" generation, I loved this card, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  14. both cards are lovely but oh that first one is so gorgewous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! I totally forgot about this peace sign!!! Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Deb, your card is beautiful and that die is delish!!!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. and that should of read CARDS, d'oh! lol
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your cards! The flowers on your Thinking of You card really do look realistic. Thank you for sharing!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great cards--I really like the wildflower card.

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMGIsh your cards are just beautiful!!!!! I love them so much and the flowers on the first card look like the real deal!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Deb!!! Both of these are so delicate and beautiful! You make everything so elegant.

    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This card is so delicate and lovely . Love it

    ReplyDelete