Thursday, February 11, 2010

Warmest Wishes

Since Valentine's Day is near and Spring is coming, I decided to make a wedding card...I usually try to keep an assortment of cards of varying themes on hand "just in case," and had nothing at all for this particular occasion.

LOVE this beautiful cake from Our Craft Lounge's set, Bird and Groom, available at i {heart} papers. This set is cool because you can dress it up or down, elegant or cutesie, as the name of the set suggests. I colored my images with Copic markers, then cut and embossed it with rectangular nestabilities. I trimmed the edges unevenly, folding the card in landscape orientation and giving the opening edge a scalloped border. Love that big white bow that peeks from the bottom of the inside! (Those of you who know me know that I'm into all that symbolism!). I love the formality that the contrasting gray brings to the bright pink, along with that pretty bauble.

I'm working on more cards with Our Craft Lounge's CHA release, so I hope you'll come back soon!

2 comments: