Monday, February 22, 2010

LAD Sketch


Mondays are sketch challenge days at Lizzie Anne Designs, and today's sketch is for a round card.  I love making round cards, and when this darling bee tree from the upcoming March monthly mix, Lucky You, arrived, I knew exactly what I wanted to do!  It's kinda nice that my card also qualifies for this week's Cupcake Craft Challenge, Friends!

I used a couple of sheets of Basic Grey designer paper to make the background for my little scene, stamping the leaves on a scrap of green to paper piece them.  The buzzing bees were colored with Copics and Spicas.  The tree trunk was stamped on white card stock with Memento ink, then colored with Copic markers, cut out, and adhered with dimensionals.  I used my nesties in combination with the coluzzle to make the layers for the base of the card.  Love the bright sunshiny feeling it brings!  Can't wait for spring!

12 comments:

  1. This is adorable Deb! I love the colors...so summery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful card, makes ya smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may have mentioned it before, but I love the way you describe yourself in the "about me" section. :-)
    I've homeschooled for many years...and sure wish I could sing!
    LOVE your card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Craft ! Your card is delightful ! Perfectly well finished, your choice of colours is great and I do like the sentiment ! Just great ! Smiles from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a delightful and pretty card...thanks for joining us at Cupcake :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Deb, what a simply stunning card. Love the little scene you've created and the colour scheme is fab. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is great!! just a fun card!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this turned out so fun Deb! I just love the new mix & it matched up perfectly for the sketch challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this card Deb! I even put it in our sample rotation on our products page! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice to see around card and a fab bright one at that!

    Thanks so much for playing along at Cupcake this week
    Hugs
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete