Thursday, March 16, 2023

God Bless the USA!


Hey y'all!  Happy Thursday!  

If you've been visiting my blog for very long you probably already know that my husband retired from the USN after 28+ years of service.  Proud to be an American, and also a proud military wife! Where we live, there are lots of current and former military, so any day is a good day for a patriotic card!  


Today's card was inspired by the many murals I've seen painted on the sides of old brick buildings!  For that reason I stamped the flag and the background words directly onto the Brick designer paper. The flag was colored with Copic markers.  I followed the Center Step Card Tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers for the layout, using Echo Park's Let Freedom Ring designer paper to create the illusion of another flag along the card folds.  


The Pledge of Allegiance is stamped on the inside.  I used Spellbinders classic square dies to cut notches into the top of the designer paper so that it would fit into the framework of the center step design.


I cut the stars from a few scraps of gold pearlescent paper and used glimmery Delicata ink to stamp the USA letters, too.  To me, shiny gold stars always up the ante for a card with a patriotic or military feel.

Supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment