Thursday, July 9, 2020

Tea for two


Hello friends! I'm back with another pair of cards for today's Stamp Simply project. I suppose you could call these sisters or even fraternal twins?!  I was inspired by a video that I saw on Pinterest and loved that it was again practically two-for-the-effort-of-one. Easy peasy, a fancy fold, and the bases for both only used one sheet of 8.5 x 11 card stock.  Can't beat that!


Those of us who are huggers are in a crisis with Covid nowadays, so a handmade card with "a hug in a cup" is the next best thing. This card uses beautiful Prima papers with the addition of one scrap (the oval mat and diecut heart) from Kaisercraft's Rosabella. The "You are worth it" tiny tea tag was die cut from one of the sheets of printed tags of the Prima pad and goes great with our "no one stacks up to you" sentiment.  
 

The card was splashed inside and out with several colors of gelatos.  I love how this brings some of the colors from the designer papers to the inside but still allows lots of clean, flat white space.  I was actually having tea while making these cards and was tempted to dip the bottom rim of my cup into some "gelato water" to make a cup ring, but it was too full and I didn't want to risk sloshing tea everywhere!


My second card uses another one of the printed tags from the Prima designer paper pad.  Since just a tiny bit of the "l" in the sentiment was overhanging the edge in the middle of the pierced heart die that I wanted to use for contrast/color, I stamped the sentiment directly onto the tag and then once again onto the heart so that the letter would be perfectly aligned and clearly legible. The tiny cup at the top of the tag is from our Farmhouse series.  It was stamped with distress oxide ink and die cut with a coordinating die.


And here's the quote inside to go along with that one.  I don't know about y'all, but I've had several sleepless Quarantine nights, so I have definitely had a few extra prayerful, extra caffeinated mornings!  

Supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment