Thursday, January 16, 2020

Love You!


Hello friends!  I hope this post finds you happy and healthy as we are two weeks into 2020!  The hustle and bustle of the holidays is behind us, but today's Stamp Simply project is actually inspired by this year's holiday fashion.  It's a "20's" card inspired by the drop-waist pleated skirts and dresses of the 1920's that I saw "history-bounding" into 2020 as the New Year began. I thought it might make a kinda cute girlie Valentine.


Did you notice lots of 1920's fashions reappearing for New Year's Eve?  If you've been around my blog for long you know that I enjoy "time-traveling" as a historic reenactor.  That involves dressing as "the original cast" did during a different era for a particular event (and usually with lots of others in similar attire), but there's a new trend called "history-bounding."  To history-bound, I would wear historic or vintage fashion simply because I like to, whenever and wherever I like. with or without company. Sound like fun?  I suppose it takes a certain amount of confidence, or maybe even courage, depending on the outfit and the occasion.   


Today's project is reminiscent of those long-waisted pleated "flapper" skirts and dresses that were so popular in the 1920's.  They made their reappearance for a short time in the 60's and I'm sure we'll be seeing more of them during the 2020's as well, especially if history-bounding becomes more popular.  

The designer prints I used for my card are so beautiful and they are double-sided, so the pleats you see here are actually the reverse side of this paisley mandala paper.  Every bit as beautiful as fashion fabric, don't you think?


The sentiment is stamped and die-cut from a scrap of designer paper in harmonizing colors.  So many beautiful colors to choose from, and the unexpected color combinations made this a lot of fun.


While the outside is visually complex, the inside is quite clean and simple.  

Supplies:
I hope you've enjoyed this foray into retro-fashion, paper-crafting style.

The other day I had a reenactors' outing for which I wore Colonial dress. On the way there my husband took me to iHop for breakfast...and boy, let me tell you, I got some strange looks.  😳   It is a pretty normal occurrence to see Colonial reenactors out-and-about in St. Augustine, but here in Fleming Island, not-so-much.  I felt quite self-conscious.  So history bounding?  I'm not so sure! Flapper dresses, Downton Abbey style? Maybe...maybe not!

1 comment: