Thursday, March 28, 2019

With Grateful Hearts, We Sing!


Last weekend The Orange Park Chorale celebrated 25 years!  My son and I have been singing with the group for 6 or 7 of those 25! We performed Friday evening and then again Sunday, with a catered reception afterward.  It was so much fun!  This coming Sunday we will be singing again with the Chorale and two other choirs with a total of ~100 voices...it is going to be amazing!

I have been practically eating/sleeping/breathing music lately, so it is no surprise that the beautiful Love Notes designer paper  would be the selection for this week's Stamp Simply cards.  🎹 Piano keys, be still my heart!  And (shhhh, hopefully I can still manage to surprise them!) one card for our director and one for our pianist.  


Here's a close-up of the shimmer on that lovely cross!  When our fishtail banners dies came out, they became my favorite, but now this lovely cross holds first place...and on this card I used them both!  The cross has such lovely embossing, and it shows even more when it is sponged with distress ink and given some Wink of Stella glamour.


All of the papers were given that vintage look with some tea-dye distress ink.  The sentiment was stamped with distress oxide.  


The inside is very simple and elegant.

 

Here's the second card...such beautiful paper, with the most perfect words in fonts that are so gorgeous!


And again, a very simple but elegant inside with lots of room for signatures and handwritten words of appreciation.  

Here are the supplies I used:

For those of you who might be interested, here is our chorale photo taken just before concert.  My beloved Matthew is next to last in the top right corner.  


Here I am with some of the lovely flowers that decorated the reception hall after the concert.  Those of us who were on the decorating committee were given the privilege of taking some home.  I am still enjoying them!

And finally, here are links to our Friday and Sunday concerts (same music/different venues and camera angles).  

No comments:

Post a Comment