Thursday, November 23, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving!



Happy Thanksgiving!  I am grateful every single day, but today, even more so!  My life is so richly blessed and I give thanks to God for His love, protection and provision!

I know a lot of people like to decorate for Christmas even before Thanksgiving, but for the most part, I like taking my holidays one at a time!  I'll be doing some Christmas decorating tomorrow on Black Friday because, unlike many of you, that's a day I definitely don't want to go shopping!  I say all of this a bit tongue-in-cheek because I actually keep a Christmas pencil tree up all year round, and of course, I have been stamping Christmas cards and projects for a while already.

My Stamp Simply project for today is a panel to replace the Fall one I made for this seasonal frame.  I really enjoy having a few of these interchangeable holiday decor items.  They make it so easy to add a little pop of holiday cheer...they ease the transition from one holiday to the next without leaving the spot they formerly occupied all naked and lonely!


I was so happy to see that the majority of the wish for peace printed on the 6 x 6 sheet that I chose for the background fit perfectly within the required dimensions of the panel.  Music is always a big part of December for our family, and so there had to be a little bit of some sheet music peeking from within.  My husband is from Upper Michigan, so even though it very rarely snows in Florida, there's a snow-laden tree with glittering ornaments.  You can't see it in the photo but the snow sparkles a la clear Wink of Stella, and if you look closely you will see some gesso "snow" sprinkled over the entire project.  This is a layout that would very easily translate to a card-front.

I deliberately chose this sentiment because in the middle of this hectic holiday season, I need to visible, daily reminder to keep my focus centered on Christ, the true reason for the season.  


Since the back of the frame is visible from its spot on the end table, I covered it with pretty designer paper and hung a tag from the ring that suspends the panel from the frame.  I kept it simple with a pretty, shiny gold foil cross with a tiny red enamel dot tucked in the center, but I may go back and add  a few more details when I have more time.  It has been a busy week of Thanksgiving preparations and I had some baking to do! 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Cynthia! The frame came from Michael's. With a coupon! :)

    ReplyDelete