Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Only a Number!


Here's a funny punny card made with Debbie Corbari's new OCL set, Miles to Go!  My husband happens to turn 55 in about a month, so this will be his birthday card.

This layout is *sort of* this week's Paper Craft Planet sketch.  I didn't adhere the front of my card because I wanted to use that octagonal "stop sign" shape and the arrow to indicate that it should be pulled open.  The inside (oops, I forgot to take a picture of it opened, so I'll have to add it later!) says "and yours happens to exceed the speed limit!"  :)  Hahaha, he and I remember well when 55 was the speed limit!

That beautiful May Arts velvet ribbon matches this designer paper so perfectly!

13 comments:

  1. Great design. I like how you used the stop sign to open the card.
    slrdowney at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fun fold of the card. The arrow is a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovin all the great samples of the new sets. This is wonderful! I love that you made a fun fold...it really add interest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a fun stamp set, I can't wait to play with it! Love the little arrow tag and that velvet ribbon is so soft and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful projects and a fun blog hop, thanks!

    Carol B
    ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. your hubby will love this card...love the unique fold and design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, what a cute idea!! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun birthday card and I bet he loves it. Love the card designs. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alright! So fun and great for a birthday (or an anniversary). Love how the ribbon works so well with the paper. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Remember that ready-made garments are much less costly when outdoor wedding dresses compared to people who usually are custom-made.

    ReplyDelete