Friday, August 31, 2012

GRS Weekly Recipe!

 

It is my turn this week to host the GRS Weekly Recipe.  I wanted to use my new Enchanted papers, a Chevron Stripes background stamp that had yet to see ink, some new-to-me Jolee rhinestone bats, and this fun Hallow's Eve stick chick.  I just love their long, skinny extremities, and using diagonal lines in a layout is a fun way to accentuate them.

I colored the image with Copics, then sponged in a stormy Halloween sky with soft yellow and yellow-orange inks using a scalloped circle as a mask.  There's just a tinge of gray-black along the edges to give it a tiny bit of spookiness.
The inside layout is a repeat of the sketch, using the party invite sentiment from Invite to Fright.










Notes:
Hallow's Eve stick chick
Chevron Stripes "coverall" background stamp
Invite to Fright sentiment
Memento Tuxedo Black, Cantaloupe and Dandelion inks
Copic blending paper
Copic markers
Enchanted designer paper
orange glimmer ribbon
Jolee bats
tulle

4 comments: