Thursday, December 30, 2010

Tag, You're It!


Today on The Daily Dare, my friend Kendra is hosting a tag challenge for the 6th Day of Christmas...we each made samples using the Our Craft Lounge set, No Peeking, which is the prize for the day.  This set is obviously geared for Christmas, but with a substitution of a sentiment from another set, the gift box tag becomes much more versatile.  Here I colored it in non-traditional pink and green with a sentiment from another OCL set, Love Notes, which makes it appropriate for either Christmas or a romantic birthday from a guy to his girl.  It would have been just as easy to color it in masculine birthday colors or Valentine's Day pinks.  I love being able to get more mileage out of my holiday sets, and I'm sure you do too!

As I've mentioned before, this set is a great set to get in some practice with the Copic markers to improve your feathering skills!  I am excited to say that I just applied and was accepted to the intermediate Copic certification class, so I'll be on my way to CHA-LA at the end of January!  Wahoooooooo!

Notes:
No Peeking, Love Notes
Copic markers
silver metallic ribbon
silver metallic gel pen

3 comments:

  1. Cute tags. Love how the images go off the edge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute tags. You're right - we never have enough! I tried to upload my tags for the challenge today (on SCS) but it's not showing up. Maybe later :(. Hugs for the new year, Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, Deb! And how fun - you're heading to CHA again!!

    ReplyDelete