Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Flower Soft Blog Hop!


Ready to Celebrate? 
This week’s Flower Soft Sprinkle Challenge (FSC14) – Winter Wonderland!
The Flower Soft designers will be featuring cards today using the Charlie’s Ark Creative Kits.
This week we’ll be giving away TWO prize packages! One prize package will be given away on the blog hop and another will be chosen among people who make a card using Flower Soft and post it in the Splitcoast Gallery using the keyword FSC14. Both prize winners will be chosen and announced on the Flower Soft blog on December 10. The winner of the Splitcoast Gallery challenge will have their card featured on the Flower Soft Blog on December 10th!!!
If you didn’t start at the beginning of the hop please go to the beginning at the Flower Soft Blog.
As you make your way through the hop make sure you comment on each and every post. There will be a prize winner chosen randomly among the blogs. The prizes (one set for Splitcoast players and one set for the blog hop!)


My card for today uses Charlie's Ark "Christmas with Friends" Creative Kit.  The images in this kit are so sweet!  They capture a child's excitement and wonder at the magic and meaning of Christmas...with the addition of the appropriate sentiment, they would make the perfect greeting card for a baby's first Christmas, especially with the soft pastel colors in this particular image! Today, though, I chose to go with a completely traditional card.
I *must* say...I am like Sheena (have you watched any Flower Soft TV episodes?)...I am not so fond (maybe I should say "so NOT fond!") of cutting lots of intricately shaped teeny tiny pieces, so I was really thrilled to see how easy the pieces of these layered images punch out and stack together to create an image with lovely dimension!  She uses diluted ink to shade hers...I used a pale gray Copic marker, then some Tim Holtz tea dye distress ink to warm the edges of the papers (for this card I trimmed off the pastel frame).  I matted the sentiment with a couple of layers of card stock cut with nestabilities circles, and added a stitched grosgrain bow and a few buttons.  I don't think it could have gotten any easier than that!  Isn't he SO cute?  Reminds me of my nephew, Nathan, when he was a wee boy!

Want even more inspiration? Do you like video tutorials? Make sure and visit Flower Soft TV!
****Next on the hop is my sweet friend, Cibele Glazer

18 comments:

  1. Hi Deb, that is a lovely card, and I totally agree with you, I'm also the lazy sort who doesn't like all the cutting, that's why you rarely see a 3D image on my blog. But I'm sure this makes it a lot easier!! Greetz, Frea

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an adorable kit, thanks for sharing! amporath@ gmail .com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is beautiful! Love it, punch 'em out, fantastic dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the dimension! I've never seen that before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card! Love the Flower Soft images.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! I absolutely love the dimensions! It really adds a different texture.

    spunkycrayon at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just gorgeous and love texture and dimension you did. So inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable card...love the dimension and textures of it.

    Thanks for sharing!

    mylambboys@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is adorable, love the little changes to make it your own. Very cute. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are amazing! I love the vivid colors! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So professional! Anyone would love receiving this card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card--I like all the layering.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The layering on this card is so eye-catching. I just love the image. I had never heard of these kits until I saw this card in the splitcoast gallery! Where have I been? :) This card is SO ADORABLE.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW, I love the dimension on this card. Absolutely stunning!

    Hugs, Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just adorable! I love how you incorporated the flower soft. I love this kit. Cheers, Mary

    ReplyDelete