Friday, April 23, 2010

Gifts from the Sea!


I am so thrilled that Melanie Muenchinger, who illustrates for Gina K Designs, invited me to guest design for her for this release! The set that she illustrated this month is one that reflects the love that we share for Gifts from the Sea, and the power of the ocean to convey our love for each other.  Having grown up in Louisiana, meeting my husband (a USN guy!) in Pensacola, getting married in the Virgin Islands, spending our first four years in Hawaii, and living the majority of our lives in Florida, the sea has always been a big part of our lives. 

I first stamped an assortment of sea shells and starfish on a scrap of Pure Luxury card stock, colored them with Copic markers, cut them out,and then gave them some soft sparkle with a Versamarker and some gold Pearl Ex.

Next, I stamped the card base with Versamark ink and the sand image, and gave it a light dusting of Pearl Ex for some soft shimmer.  I stamped the sentiment with Memento Rich Cocoa ink after stamping off first.  I added a scrap of fishermen's net (left over from one of my very first Dirty Dozen projects, a wedding shadow box filled with sand dollars from the first week we met in Pensacola!) and tucked the starfish and shells into it, finishing the card with a soft, sheer bow.  I love how it turned out.  I think it will make a nice anniversary card when October 6th comes around!

I'm sure you can see why I love this set so much!  Thanks so much, Melanie, for sharing it with me!

3 comments:

  1. this is one of my favorite cards from the party! LOL, I did not realize you got married on the beach whenI asked you about this set, hee hee! that is a gorgeous pic and gorgeous project!
    hugs, :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb, this is awesome!! Makes me homesick for the Jersey Shore. Love the net behind the shells. This is a fabulous design, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo...absolutely FABULOUS! WOWza!

    ReplyDelete