Tuesday, January 19, 2010

ihp DT Challenge!

It's the first i {heart} papers design team challenge of the year, and we thought it would be fun to see what we each would do with a 4 x 6 CD case.

Have y'all been watching the weather?! I know that it's been really cold in lots of places, but there has been a spree of much colder than usual temperatures for Florida. It was in the low 20's each morning for the better part of a week, and the chill provided the inspiration for my calendar for the month of January. I chose a soft blue designer print from Colorful Christmas as a background of snowy winter sky for an icy bird bath. This sentiment seemed exceptionally appropriate! Torn paper edges build a fluffy snowbank at the bottom, and the candy cane grosgrain just makes it fun! These colors have been one of my favorite combos this winter.

Here's the February page with some of my new favorite paper, Basic Grey Sugar Rush! I adore this paper! I stamped a fun Valentine image from Our Craft Lounge's Wanted set and colored it with Copics. The wee heart reminder on the 14th is from Sweet on You (does your beloved need reminding? LOL!). The sentiment is stamped on a Fancy Tag and sponged lightly to emphasize the details of the pressure embossing. I finished with a teeny tiny bow.

On the back of each calendar page, there is a space for each date to write birthdays, anniversaries, or other occasions that are important to remember.

I'm trying to keep these relatively flat, so the layouts are fairly clean and simple. I did bling 'em up with a bit of atyou Spica sparkle, but that is practically impossible to catch on camera.

I will be adding pages to my calendar as the year progresses...I love the idea of doing it a little at a time as the months fly by! It will be cool to see the trends of the papercraft industry for 2010!

Here are the links for our ihp designers! Enjoy your visit to their blogs!

12 comments:

  1. I'm so impressed with your "year of art"...each month a new wonderful creation to feast your eyes. Awesome - as always Deb! Can't wait to see you SATURDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your first 2 months are darling, Deb!!! I love that cactus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love your calendar pages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Deb - these are both awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling!! You'll have a blast looking at this throughout the year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo love these! It WILL be fun to see how your style changes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so pretty deb, love the colors and papers

    ReplyDelete
  8. EEK!!!! How cute is this?!?!??! LOVE it!! and you are correct about that cold weather down in FL....there was SNOW in Disney last weekend!!!! Brrr!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh these are soooo very sweet Deb! Love that little cactus especially.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea this is - your first 2 months are really good. I love the cactus image - totally unique.

    ReplyDelete