Sunday, November 22, 2009

Banana Split Sunday!

I missed last week's 2RB challenge, but all week long I had an idea rolling around in my head, so I was happy to get to combine this week's gratitude challenge with last week's sketch. Here's what the sketch looked like:

I flipped the sketch upside down to make this matchbook fold gratitude journal. Inside there are pages for each month of the year, with room to jot down a word or two each day for the things I'm grateful for. At first I had planned to use some Indian Summer paper and a Fall image, but then I decided that it should be something that would look at home on my coffee table or night stand year-round whatever the season, so I opted for this adorable Rachelle Anne Miller magic fairy, Lily, along with Colorfall and Mushroom Fancy designer papers from Imaginisce's Twitterpated Collection. I really love how she turned out, bright and fun in colors that are timeless.

I colored my image with Copic markers and highlighted her dress bodice and edges of her wings with some Spica sparkle! I then used my Nestabilities Labels 3 to cut and emboss the image...since this was the largest of the set and matting therefore was not an option, I sponged heavily around the edges to define them and give the illusion of layers. I did the same with the tag for the sentiment, from the October/November Journaling Spot. The only embellishment is a dotty bow tied with a button and some cording.

I like for the inside of my card to look as pretty as the outside, so I finished this with more of the orange dotted paper on the flip side. Normally I would adhere a flap to the clasps of the brads so the mechanics would not show, but in this case I would like to be able to replace the pages each year, so I left them accessible.

I hope you'll play along with this week's challenge...we each have something to be grateful for! I also hope my fellow Americans have a marvelous Thanksgiving! Have a terrific week!

5 comments:

  1. Deb what a great way to combine both challenges. Very cute, love the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just so awesome, Deb! Your coloring is perfect, and this is such a wonderful project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Love LOVE your ribbon and bow with that sweet RAM image. Awesome DP combo, too. They all work together wonderfully....VERY sweet card, Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb she's gorgeous! Love the idea of the matchbox

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just adorable, Deb! I love the colors and the big red bow!

    ReplyDelete