Friday, June 26, 2009

God Bless the USA!

God Bless the USA!
Today's card is a combo card for SCS's Limited Supplies Challenge, "Chinese Take-out," and The Sweet Stop's sketch with a spin (red, white and blue) for this week. I was thrilled that they worked together! I used a Sweet 'n Sassy digital stamp, Celebrate America, resizing and flipping the image to fit the sketch (there's still one more day for you to play! There will be a new sketch tomorrow!) The rocket was colored with prismas and Gamsol, then shaded along one edge with a Copic blender pen and cool gray marker. I used a microliner to frame the image with a fine line and a few dot-dot-dots. The rest of my supplies are things that have been in my stash for ages...I think both prints came from a big stack of designer papers that my mom sent me forever ago, probably from Michael's or Hobby Lobby. I printed the sentiment, God Bless America, on some white cardstock, then matted it with red for the inside. Relatively clean and simple.

7 comments:

  1. I love your 2 challenge combo, Deb! Great image, love that it's popped, and the bg is wonderful!! Just a fab patriotic card!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun, Deb! Lovin' those star brads!! What a wonderful patriotic card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, and great job doing 2 challenges at once. I can barely get one done :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!! This is so very cute Deb!! Love it!! ;) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Deb!! I love all the elements!

    ReplyDelete