Thursday, February 5, 2009

Sweet Hearts

I missed yesterday's sketch challenge, so I combined it with today's WT challenge, to layer embellishments. The bonus for me is that it also qualifies for Chrissy's Belli Challenge this week, to use hearts.

This Basic Grey Bittersweet 6 x 6 paper is so gorgeous! Every print in the pack is yum! I used my nesties to cut a scalloped mat for the focal image, a fun swirly cup of hearts from Impression Obsession's Sweet Hearts, which was stamped with Palette Burnt Umber ink and colored with prismas and baby oil. Then I punched some leaves with Martha Stewart fern punch to layer with a Heidi Swapp flower (why do pinks and reds freak my camera out?! It actually matches IRL.)

On top of the flower I layered an acrylic heart which was tied with pink taffeta ribbon...the heart was part of a fabulous stash of paper-crafting tools, papers and trinkets that my mom gave me for Christmas. I dangled a lock from the bow as I tied it, then dangled the key from some ribbon on the opposite side of the image. I used a clear Spica glitter pen to give the hearts and cup a little sparkle...so pretty and feminine!

10 comments:

  1. Hey Deb! This card is DELIGHTFUL! I love the colors and the design (I LOVE BG DP!!!) Your work is always beautiful and inspiring! Thank you for playing in the Belli Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWZER Deb!! This is gorgeous!! I just LOVE your flower!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just too cute, Deb!! Love all the embellishments! Especially that key!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful!!! Love that paper and all those embellishments!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful card Deb, love the lock and key,
    Thank you for joining in the CCT challenge! Have a great day! Debx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deb - this is beautiful! I love all your layers and the charms. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how the hearts are in the steam from the cup, very clever idea! Don't you just love the BG paper? So glad I got 2 packs so I don't run out any time soon. You give me inspiration to use the stamp set more often, especially when it is sooooo coooold out!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty, the image is so cute. Love the papers and embellies too

    hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete