Thursday, July 30, 2026

You crossed my mind today...

Hi everyone!

We have got stamp sets from our Great Lakes Series on sale this week!  Since my husband is from Michigan (specifically the U.P.) I have especially enjoyed using these particular sets along with the rest of our Michigan series.    

The Great Lakes series includes two Lighthouse sets, the Edmund Fitzgerald set, and the Mackinac Bridge set.  

My project for today is a "Dutch door" card, shown here from an aerial view.  I've never been over the Mackinac Bridge but I thought that this designer paper made for a lovely snowy evening sky background where the lines between sky and water merge and seem to magically disappear.

I cut away the top half of the card front, adhered that beautiful Ombre designer paper to the card base inside and out, then die cut two bridges and sandwiched the top edge of the card front between them.  Since the card stock I used is not heavy duty I opted to cut a narrow brace to reinforce the piece right where the die and the card base come together on the inside (see the two photos below).    


The top left sentiment is visible from the front whether the card is opened or closed, but the card must be opened for the bottom right sentiment to be revealed.   


The verse stamped on the inside of the Dutch door is from the Edmund Fitzgerald set and fits the "Bridge Over Troubled Waters" theme perfectly.  🎶  

Supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment