Thursday, October 19, 2023

Wintry Country Church Center Step Card


I can hardly read this passage of scripture without singing "How lovely is Your dwelling place..." although this darling country church also makes me wanna sing "Church in the Wildwood!" Never in my life (lived almost entirely within a few miles of Interstate 10) have I attended church in such a lovely snowy setting, but I really enjoyed playing with these new stamps and dies from Stamp Simply!  


I followed Beate's tutorial on SCS except that I made the side strips a little wider and the center panel a little narrower than her measurements.  The center panel of the card has a mat of silver card stock.  The sentiment and church were stamped directly onto a rectangle of card stock, the country church colored with Copic markers.  The surrounding sky was masked/sponged with pale blue ink, the cloud die-cut from silver card stock.


I cut extra strips the same width as those narrow side panels and used our new tree line dies to cut them to varying lengths.  After sponging the trees with pale blue ink and dabbing them onto a Delicata Silvery Shimmer ink pad, I glued three strips one on top of the other and then glued that to the side panels of the step card, then repeated the same process for the inside.  I used more die cut trees and the slope die to add accents to the bottom of the card.  It really added a lot of depth and dimension, giving the impression of snowdrifts and tree-lined mountainsides.     


The inside includes a beautiful sentiment and a silver cross cut using our gorgeous cross dies.

This is one of those shimmery, ethereal cards that the camera simply cannot accurately capture.  So much prettier in person than the photographs show.

Supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment