Thursday, August 31, 2023

Fall's Flaming Color Palette

 


Hello friends!  We recently returned from a vacation to upper Michigan to visit my husband's family.  Even though the days were mostly in the mid eighties, there were a few cool nights and I noticed that a few of the leaves are just beginning to turn.   Living in Florida we don't get those flaming bright Fall colors that those of you who live further north do, but that does not stop me from enjoying them when I have the opportunity!  Sometimes it only comes via paper!  

Sadly, the other thing that I noticed the first few days we were there was the haze from smoke generated by the Canadian forest fires, so this card carries with it a prayer for all who've been affected by them.  It has been super dry near my Louisiana home town too, and there is a fire just north of there as well.

As I type this blog post we are making preparations for the arrival of Hurricane Idalia so there are lots of prayers for lots of reasons right now!  By the time this post has published hopefully the worst of Idalia will already be over.


I kept this card fairly simple so that those vivid colors could speak for themselves.  The border was stamped on white card stock and colored with Copic markers and clear glitter marker, while the sentiment was directly stamped onto the designer paper.


I had ivory pearls but wanted little pops of color instead, so I colored those with Copic markers too!


Here's a look at the inside, accented with a bit of that lovely designer paper left over from the sheet used on the front of the card.   

Supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment