Thursday, April 6, 2023

Enjoy the Little Things!

 


Hello y'all!  Happy Thursday!

It has been absolutely gorgeous here lately with bright sunny days and just enough rain to keep things beautifully green.  I've been participating in Sock Madness and so, knitting a lot lately.  Our current sock is inspired by Winnie the Pooh, so as I sat down to stamp this week's Stamp Simply design team project, my thoughts were of celebrating everyday moments and "enjoying the little things!"  We all need to keep our inner Eeyore in check!  A Springtime floral is just the ticket!


I love combining colors and prints from different paper pads (I suppose from my years coordinating fabric designs back when I sewed all my own clothing) so I used a floral print from Graphic 45 with Ink Drops papers for the background and the focal element. The Ink Drops colors bring out some of the soft blues and the brighter yellow oranges of the Fairy floral paper.  The floral stamp (Seasonal Wreaths Srping/Summer) echoes the motifs of the designer paper.  The sentiment is from one set of our Farmhouse collection.  The flourished font used in this series is one of my favorites!  


The inside is simple, with a scrap of that beautiful Fairy paper and a soft pink heart from our Farmhouse Signage set.  

Supplies:

And oh, if you're curious about that sock, Round 3 of Sock Madness on the Ravelry website (Socks of Little Brain? by Anne Rutgrink), here it is...well, what I've knit so far, representing Pooh in his red shirt with lots of bees buzzing about!  See, that Pooh yellow was one of the things that really did inspire my card!  I had red yarn but no gold, so I had to dye some gold myself and at first the pot of dye looked a lot like that swirly ink drops paper!    



I'm about to pick up stitches at the bottom of the shirt and knit the leg/foot in a yellow honeycomb stitch pattern.  Hopefully I'll finish the pair in time to make it on to Round 4!

Wish me luck!  See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment