Thursday, February 23, 2023

Happy Day Iris


Hello again!  I'm here with a pretty-in-pink Mother's Day card today.  Since I made it on Mardi Gras I just had to add those sparkly beads!  Do they make you think of playing dress-up with your mother's hats and old costume jewelry?!  Or maybe remind you of dressing up and wearing corsages for Mother's Day and Easter Sunday?!  I love it when a card makes me feel nostalgic!


I used nested squares to die cut through the Ink Drops designer paper so that the white layer underneath would show through and frame the little floral square, which is from the My Valentine paper pad.


The irises were colored with Copic markers in soft hues to match the designer papers.  Yay for stamps with matching dies!  It's nice to not have to fussy cut (you have to be in the mood, right?!)  


I stamped the sentiment directly onto the Ink Drops paper and splashed everything with Delicata ink to make it sparkly.  


Here's the inside, with more of both the Ink Drops and My Valentine designer papers and another Happy Day Iris sentiment.

Supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment