Thursday, May 7, 2020

Hugs from Grandma!


We are premiering a brand new bundle of sets this week at Stamp Simply and they are SO much fun to play with!  From the first moment I saw them this idea took shape, and I'm so excited to share it!


Not long ago I started spinning a combination of alpaca, Merino wool, and Corriedale wool on one of my Turkish spindles. Immediately when I saw the adult female of this stamp set, I just knew I had to use some of that wool to make her a grandma!


So I took a little tuft of fiber, folded it in half, tied it into a knot, and voila!  Grandma's bun!


I gave her little bangs a trim and tucked the loose ends of fiber on the sides of her face behind a fussy cut-out of her face and torso. The front of the card has a small floral print that looks a lot like fabric a grandma would wear, so her clothing is also fussy-cut and paper-pieced.

Oval dies form a frame that reveals the white of the mat underneath the floral print, which is where grandma's entire figure was stamped, then the fussy cut part glued right onto it, hiding the ends of the wool.  I love that the oval frame made a little edge that draws even more attention to her bun.  The little alphabet letter names of her grandchildren are strung on burlap string that dangles from a tulle bow tied around the fold of the card.  You can see just a peek of them in the above photo.


Inside, there's a simple I ❤️ U which was inked with black and red distress markers.  Lots of room to write a message or even stamp another figure, maybe of Grandpa!

Supplies:

1 comment: