Thursday, April 2, 2020

What Lies Within


It seems that the whole world is holding its breath as the majority of us wait at home hoping to flatten the peak of the Covid-19 contagion.  In yesterday's daily briefing we were cautioned that these next two weeks may be difficult weeks and urged to reach deep within for the hope that is vital to make it through without wavering.  

While we card-makers and crafters are likely to have plenty to keep us happily occupied (and no longer feeling quite so guilty for the stash we've accumulated 😂), that doesn't mean that staying home has been easy.  I did well for the first week and then suddenly started to feel a bit antsy...I miss my friends and our outings together (chorale, textiles guild, lunch)!  I don't think I have ever in my entire life been so thankful for technology like television, telephone, and internet!


One of the things I've been doing to keep my mind and hands occupied is spinning.  I have lots of spindles and several wheels, and a variety of projects going at once to keep things interesting. Here's a photo of my "Spring Quarantine Spin" that inspired the colors for today's Stamp Simply project.


I smeared several colors of distress ink onto a craft mat, blending the edges where they touched with a wet brush, then pressing them onto a dampened sheet of watercolor paper.  (I used Barn Door and Chipped Sapphire to make purple before adding the other colors).  Once the paper was absolutely bone dry, I stamped the sentiment onto it in Memento ink, die cut it with an oval die, and distress inked the edges.  This quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson, which is included in our Graduation Sentiments set, provides us with a perfect reminder that we can help miracles happen.   


The quote inside is a reminder that this strength does not come from us alone, but from Christ Jesus.   Through Him, in Him, and with Him, we are able to stand firm and extend grace the world over.

Supplies:

1 comment: