Thursday, December 5, 2019

Farmhouse Christmas


Hi everyone!  Happy December!  I can't believe Christmas is so close already!  Have you gotten your decorations up?  I'm hoping to tackle that in the next day or two.  Usually they're up by the first weekend in December and stay up through Epiphany.  This weekend though, is an exceptionally busy weekend, so we shall see!

Here in Florida we can only "dream" of a White Christmas.  One year it did get very cold and even icy right before Christmas, but typically one is left wondering whether it will be shorts or sweaters. Today's Stamp Simply project is exactly what I envision when I'm dreaming of a White Christmas.  🎶 ❤️ 


I didn't bother measuring the three panels, just cut them randomly and matted them with harmonizing papers.  I love the way this button-trimmed bow turned out with the soft variegated silk, tulle streaked with Snow Tex,  an embossed tag, and splashes of gesso snow.  The soft pinks and beiges of the ribbon were just perfect for this snowy scene.


Inside there is another sentiment and an image from the same stamp set.  I used oxide inks and a baby wipe to carefully ink the tree stamp in two colors.  More gesso "snow" here too...and again, I wasn't too careful.  Just be aware that the gesso will smudge the water-based oxide inks, so if you care about that, you can put something over the sentiment to keep it from getting splashed and splattered.

Supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment