Thursday, June 7, 2018

You are the BEST!


Father's Day is just around the corner!  I really miss my own sweet daddy, but I still enjoy making cards for my son to give my husband.  In his book, less is more...he is definitely a no frills kinda guy.  


Because of that, I wanted this card to be bright and colorful but still clean and simple.  This sentiment from Stamp Simply All Occasions Sentiments 2 and the designer paper from Authentique Frontier gave me the idea of a "Home on the Range/County Fair Blue Ribbon" style of a card.  I figured he would not object to this ribbons-without-bows design.


The inside of the card is "leather" designer paper, so I thought it might be cool to make the sentiment appear "branded."  I stamped it first with white chalk ink, then moved the paper ever so slightly before stamping it again with Tuxedo Black.

My cuttlebug cutting plates are in really sad shape, so there are some rough spots on those gold foil stars.  I really need to order some replacement plates!  

Here are the supplies I used:

No comments:

Post a Comment