Thursday, April 19, 2018

Congratulations & Best Wishes


Hello again!  I am back today with another card from Stamp Simply's new Graduation and Beyond release.  I love and adore how versatile these stamps are and how well they combine with stamps from previous releases!    


For today's card I combined two sentiments from a new set with the "ampersand" from our Welcome Fall set.  I thought a wedding/anniversary card would emphasize the versatility of these stamps and decided to go for a "White Lace and Promises" sort of look.  The lacy designer paper is a dark grey-olive color, and IRL the sentiment panel matches very well, but for some reason (maybe all the silver and shimmer?) it freaked my camera out and in the photos it looks nearly grey-black.

I stamped the sentiment in Versamark and heat-embossed it with white detail embossing enamel so that splattering silver ink over it would not smear the lettering.  There is also some very faint stenciling to add a bit more shimmer.  

This is the largest die of this particular die set, and so I had to find an alternative way to create a border behind it.  I cut another die of the same size from white card stock, trimmed it from point-to-point both horizontally and vertically, and glued it to the back of the darker one leaving a small gap between the pieces.  I used small left-over "negative" pieces from the fancy tags 2 die to cover the spaces, and topped those with pearls.  Hopefully the recipient will have no idea that this was a stop-gap measure!  


There is more of the stenciling and splattering on the inside, along with another beautiful sentiment.  I was hoping the design would be reminiscent of a beautiful mesh-like leaded glass window with light shimmering through the panes.

Here are all the products I used to create today's project:

No comments:

Post a Comment