Thursday, February 22, 2018

Hello, Beautiful!


I often look to Pinterest for inspiration for card-making, and recently came across a fancy fold that caught my eye.  It's called a pop out swing card.  I like it because the card front looks deceptively simple, and then when the card is opened, the surprise unfolds.


After having spent quite a while researching historical clothing in preparation to do some sewing for reenacting and living history, I especially enjoyed using this designer paper for today's project!   The busy pattern of the paper is in perfect keeping with the busy-ness of Victorian fashion where the rule is generally the more frou frou, the better! 


As I was constructing the card, I discovered that Spellbinders classic rectangles and the large oval dies were a perfect fit for this particular cameo-like image.  Since the paper pad includes two sheets of each design, I was able to die cut and layer one on top of the other with dimensional adhesive to create this focal point.  


The "You are so beautiful" sentiment inside (from one of our recently released Stamp Simply clear stamp sets) is stamped using shimmering copper-colored Delicata ink, embellished with a die-cut rose from another Stamp Simply set.  The rose was colored with Copics and then given a top coat of glitter with a clear Wink of Stella pen.  I wish I could capture all of that shimmery goodness in a photo!


Since the papers are two-sided and the card construction makes the back side of the flap visible, I decided to add another design to the back.  It's smaller than an ATC and was just enough to make everything look more finished.


This part of the card can be removed from the "window" and laid flat to write inside.  Here's a link to the tutorial I followed should you decide to make one of your own.  

Here is a full list of the supplies used to make today's project:

7 comments:

  1. Wowza!!! What a fabulous creation, Deb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen! I love fancy folds, and this one is easy but impressive! xo

      Delete
  2. This is such a pretty card. Is this a standard A2 card?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary Jo! This is a 5.5 x 11 inch piece of card stock, scored at 4 1/4 and folded to make a card with 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 finished dimensions.

      Delete
  3. Oh my word! Besides being a truly stunning creation, the fold seems like a z-fold on steroids! Woweeee!

    ReplyDelete