Friday, January 19, 2018

Dropping Anchor


Hello friends!  It seems that there's lots of ice and snow practically everywhere, but that doesn't stop me from longing for the sights and sounds of the ocean.  It has been a stressful week, and just the thought of sand between my toes is enough to calm the spirit and settle the "monkey mind!"  That sense of peace provides an anchor through the storm.

These supplies were strewn across my desk for another project (more on that another day!) but my heart had a detour in mind and I had to make this card first!  I am hoping that you got the feeling of the boardwalk and the fourth of July when you first saw it. 
  

The inside is reminiscent of the shorebirds patiently wading through the tide pool.  Kinda makes me  wanna go shell seeking or searching for sea glass!  Well...maybe when it's warmer!  ;)  

Here are the Eyelet Outlet supplies I used for this project:
If I had had it, I would have added some seahorse washi tape because the colors look like they'd work perfectly with this designer paper!  There are quite a few options for a beach themed, summer vacation card if you are longing for summer or if you're lucky enough to go for a winter getaway!  

And here are the supplies I used from Stamp Simply:

2 comments: