Thursday, October 19, 2017

Love*Joy*Peace


I was recently browsing FB and saw my friend Lois Bak's panel pull-out card, so I had to look up the SCS tutorial and try one myself for today's Stamp Simply project.  This fold looks impressive but is incredibly easy and is a great way to feature coordinating prints of designer paper.


I love that this paper is a kind of transition paper with prints that work from Fall through Christmas, so if you still have Fall projects to finish before you move on to Christmas cards, this pad would be a great choice.  Another bonus is that the colors of the Christmas prints are a bit unexpected and not quite traditional.  The same goes for the Petaloo Sugared Minis...the pack includes these pale green flowers that work with the Christmas prints, along with some beautiful gold ones that coordinate with the Fall designs of this paper pad.  I just love the green and bright turquoise together!  (If you're wondering why I am still stuck on Fall...the high yesterday here was 79, which finally is a little cooler than it has been for a while!  Maybe I can finally get out of Summer mindset, leave Fall behind and begin thinking more about Christmas!  Maybe!)

In the fancy fold tutorial, the fourth panel of the fold is stamped at the bottom, and I was delighted to find that one of the sentiments in Stamp Simply's O Christmas Tree set fit there just perfectly!

2 comments: