Wednesday, September 12, 2012

OCL free digi, challenge, and SALE!


On Friday, Kendra posted a new challenge to the OCL blog, to use OCL stamps.  Hard as it is to fathom, some of you might not have any, so Debbie Corbari, one of our amazing illustrators, drew a digi, "Love Floats," to offer as a freebie!  It is SO cute!

I resized the digital image and printed it on a piece of light gray Authentique patterned paper, again on a text print "sky," and a third time on a piece of white card stock.  I trimmed the gray piece and glued it to the text print, then colored and cut the hearts from the white card stock.  This way the Copic colors come out cleaner and brighter on the white than they would on the gray, and there's less risk of bleeding through the lines, which reds are so prone to do.  (Even if they DO bleed out on the white, you're cutting that right off anyway!)

I love finding new ways to use old sets, so I went flipping through my baskets (yes, I have two!) of OCL stamps to find anything that might work with this new image.  Debbie's coordinating set, Love is in the Air, and single, Spilling Over, are obvious choices.  I stamped the cloud, colored it with Copic markers and accented it with a punched heart.  A fussy-cut chevron border from Every Heart Beat, stamped in black on red, brings in more color.

I inked the #9 part of "Love Potion #9 from Love Potion (ha!  are we FB friends?  Look at my cover photo!) and stamped it on the balloon to coordinate with the Cloud 9 sentiment on the inside.

I hope you'll download the digi and play along with our challenge.  Be sure to visit the OCL blog, and while you're there, check out our SALE!

Notes:
Love Floats digital stamp
Love Potion
Every Heart Beat
Authentique designer paper
Copic blending card stock
Memento inks (Tuxedo Black, Lady Bug)
Copic markers
Tim Holtz tea dye distress ink
floss
button

2 comments:

  1. Just a STUNNINNG card, your stamped image just POPS off the page due to your terrific attention to all of the rest of the details that work SO well together. Congratulations! I found your blog through SCS, I'm glad I did!

    ReplyDelete