Thursday, May 19, 2011

Sent with Love!


Hello friends!  Here is a card for Flower Soft challenge FSC29--ovals.  I used the beautiful Lavendar papercrafting kit and some scalloped oval nestabilities to create a layered focal point with a gorgeous butterfly fluttering along its edge.   The sentiment is from the set, Sent With Love, from Layers of Color.

We are in Louisiana visiting my parents, so the "stash" of craft supplies had to be pared down to what could be carried in a small carry-on bag.  Thankfully I had some cardstock to match, but no lavender and no patterned paper.  I used some tulle to bring some of the soft lavender color into the design.  The lace and tulle echo the lacy scalloped edge of the focal image.  A soft crinkle crepe ribbon bow made with the Bow Easy, topped with a tulle bow, embellished with pearl pins and a pretty heart charm make this especially feminine.  When I get home, I'll add some of the fluffy stuff to bring even more texture into the design!

Please join us in this challenge!  More info here!

No comments:

Post a Comment