Wednesday, August 25, 2010

CPS and OCL!


This week, Our Craft Lounge is sponsoring the sketch at Card Positioning Systems! Wait til you see the amazing cards that the CPS and OCL girls have made!  OMgoodness, they are so gorgeous you'll end up staring at them just to take it all in!

I am in LOVE with the new Halloween set, Mummy X-ing, and when I saw this sketch this sweet spook was the first thing I thought of!  I had to enlarge the card and tweak the sketch just a bit to make the three smaller images from last year's set, Granny's Potions, fit along the left edge so that it would look as though the mummy is reaching for them.  They were stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored/shaded with Copic markers.

I used more left-over Basic Grey Eerie paper, and because of the busy-ness of the print, used only one embellishment, a pretty bow tied with crinkle ribbon. I inked the edges of the papers with Tim Holtz distress ink in soot.

On the inside, I framed this fun greeting with a nestabilities scalloped heart, adding a little popped up mummy-wrapping just for fun! 

Visit the CPS blog and the OCL blog to see more inspiration, and leave your link if you play along!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT!!!! your mummy is stinkin' adorable!!!
    chelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Goodness..What a fun Halloween card!!

    ReplyDelete