Friday, May 28, 2010

Life is Good!


Life is good!  I am so happy to be looking forward to a long weekend.  We have so much to be thankful for, and on this Memorial Day weekend we will be doing simple things to celebrate and remember!

Being the wife a retired USN guy definitely makes this holiday a special one...we survived!  I say that genuinely, and I hope, if you have lost a loved one, that you will know that I say that without any disrespect.  I remember being terrified about Patrick being on the deck of the carrier, praying that he would escape any mishap and safely return home.  He served in many conflicts, and the most fearful I ever was was probably during Operation Desert Storm.  I'm very grateful that he made it through those more than 26 years to his retirement.

Remembering fallen heroes is a personal thing for most military families.  Just a week or so ago I ran into a friend who lost her husband back in the early 90's when we were young military wives...all these years and she has never found another love with whom to share her life.  Her husband is one of several that I personally knew and will honor and she is one of many that I'll be lifting up in prayer this weekend, along with all the rest whose names and faces I do not know.  Thank you for your sacrifice for our freedom.

Lizzie Anne Designs is having a huge Memorial Day sale in celebration of the holiday and the official start of summer.  Everything in the store other than our Monthly Mix Sets are 20% - 50% off. Speaking of our Monthly Mix sets, if you join the club you are entitled to an ongoing 20% discount which you can use *on top* of sale items. Anyone who signs up for the club over the weekend will be emailed our exclusive Mix Member discount code immediately so you can use it during our big sale. (So for example, any stamp set that is on sale 30% off will be 50% off with your club discount code, and Retired stamp sets will be 70% off!)

We can't stop there. We must sweeten your weekend by throwing in a FREE surprise stamp with every order, just because we love ya. ;)   Now through Memorial Day, May 31st! Enjoy your weekend!

2 comments: