Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Secret's Out!

I am so excited (after a month or so of secret-keeping) to finally tell you that I am designing for Lizzie Anne Designs! LAD stamps are SO adorable! I can hardly wait to get this month's shipment! Back in late July at CHA Orlando I was invited by DT member JeanneS to help with the Lizzie Anne Designs make-n-take at the SCS booth...I had so much fun! I am anxiously looking forward to seeing the LAD girls again at CHA Anaheim in January, and I'm very honored to have been invited to work with their amazing design team. You girls are my idols!

I thought that the little images in Love and Joy Labels would make a fun Christmas bookmark so I stamped them on some white card stock, colored them with Copic markers, tore the edges to make some hills of snow (are you singing the lyrics to Frosty the Snowman now?), and added a sky filled with a flurry of snowflakes. To finish it off I added some candy-cane striped ribbon streamers and a cord-tied button. The trees and snowman have a bit of Spica sparkle...the torn paper edges would be much prettier with some glitter, but I decided against it for our books' sake! I have got to haul some boxes from the attic to find our beloved classic, The Cajun Night Before Christmas, along with the rest of our favorite Christmas books, to tuck this into. We have quite a few that we read every year. Along with the books are a few movies that we will watch over and over. Matthew's favorite is A Christmas Story. Makes me smile just thinking about it!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope to see you again soon!

11 comments:

  1. Congrats Deb! I can't wait to see all of your LAD creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Deb. LAD is blessed to have you in their team.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!! WOW you must be excited.

    Also, isnt' The Cajun Night Before Chrismtas great????

    Smiles~
    Marilyn
    PS. It's flooding down here right now - any more rain and Baton Rouge (where I work) and where I live in Ascension Parish is going to get washed away. LOL we'll need a bateau or a pirogue to go anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Congrats!!! I love your creation already!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Deb! That is awesome news.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Deb, on this delightful news!! What a blessing you will be to this team with your awesome talent and sweet spirit!!

    Can't wait to see your new Lizzie Anne creations!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is the Cajun Night Before Christmas by Colleen Sallee? I have hunted for her book and best of all her vocal version on CD since she presented at the Montana State Reading Council!! Let me know! Thank you; Thank you!
    mt23stamper@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Deb - they are extremely lucky to have you on their team and I can't wait to see what all you show us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am WAY behind with my blog surfing, so just saw this announcement. Congratulations Deb! Well deserved!!!

    ReplyDelete