Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Gina K Previews!

I'm so delighted to be a part of Gina K's StampTV Center Stage Design Team, and tonight we are previewing sets by Asela and Nina. Asela is practically my neighbor, and I'm so happy to be able to say that I've met Nina in person too at CHA in Orlando in February, so to have the opportunity to preview their sets is especially a joy!

These two sets, Asela's First Christmas, and Nina's Vintage Borders, work great together, and I've used them together on both of my cards. First up is a sweet bear for Baby's First Christmas.

I colored the bear with Copic markers, gave him an ornament of Nina's to hold, and added a pearl-studded Nestabilities snowflake and a few dangling ornaments as well. Love this Eskimo Kisses designer paper! (I struggled to get a good picture of this card...for some reason, reds are most difficult! Hopefully I can try again on a sunnier day!)

You will have to look closely to see the fine linen thread that suspends those teeny ornaments! I love how they go so well with the design of the paper.

My second card features Asela's cardinal. I tried to keep his colors true to nature...the paper I paired him with is some of my favorite Cosmo Cricket from last Christmas. I stamped a few bars of Nina's music border onto the wood print flip side of the dp to go along with him.

Everything was inked with Tim Holtz distress ink and the edges of the music were frayed and curled. I added a column of pretty pearls along side the clefs of each bar. I really love how this turned out! Anything to do with music and nature really captures my heart, and I love these rich reds and sage greens!

Thanks for visiting my blog! For even more inspiration, please visit the Illustrators of the stamp sets featured tonight:

Tonight, we have several of our Center Stage Spotlight Designers joining in the previews. Here are their blog links:
Deb Felts (you're here!)
Sharri Seffens
Melissa Cash

Finally, stop by these GinaK Designers' blog for even more projects with tonight's stamp sets:
Gina Krupsky
Carolyn King
Cathy Tidwell
Cindy Lawrence
Donna Baker
Erika Martin
Emily Giovanni
Jessica Fick
Kurtis Amundson
Lee Murphy
Lynn Mercurio
Melanie Muenchinger
Tami Mayberry
Theresa Momber

Our Release party will be held Thursday night over on SCS in GinaK's Forum from 7-10 pm CST. We'd love to have you join in the fun! There will be contest questions, challenges, chatter, and lots more samples from our designers throughout the party! See you then!

28 comments:

  1. Congratulations on these creative, wonderful cards! I love your bear! The coloring is awesome and I love his little ornament!
    ;D Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Deb! I am so happy to be a part of the CSSDT with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just LOVE all the details you have added to these creations Deb! The ornaments that the bear is holding too stinking cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb, Beautiful cards! I love how you suspended the ornaments in the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely Gorgous cards Deb!!! Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cardinal is beautiful and I love the way you have combined the stamp sets!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohhh...LOVE what you have done with this set!!! beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhh wowza!!!! Just gorgeous!!!! Ohhhh isn't that teddy bear just precious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Deb- an awesome job! Glad to be your team mate!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Deb, these are stunning cards! Fabulous layouts and perfectly embellished!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Delightful projects! I love all the thoughtful little details you included.
    ~ky

    ReplyDelete
  12. just gorgeous!!! love your eye for detail!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Little did I know when we met that you would give me the honor to see your amazing work using my illustrations. What a blessing to me! Great job on both cards. Your coloring is fantastic. I want to color like you when I grow up :-).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Deb your cards are soooooooo gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both of your cards are so beautiful, Deb! Wonderful details! Love what you did with both sets!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMGosh Deb...outstandingly gorgeous. Love the pearls on your snowflake and your wonderful style and elegance on each project is breathtaking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty; I am drawn to the cardinal card. I love the colors, layout, and that row of pearls down the edge of the sheet music. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow, great cards Deb! I love the pearl snowflake with the teddy card and the shabby vintage feel on your cardinal card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Deb your cards are AWESOME!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aw, Deb - this is PERFECT!! The colors, the layout, the embellishments... I LOVE how they all showcase the stamps you used so well!!!

    We are thrilled to have you on the CSS team this month - you are such a talented artist!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats girlie!!! Love the bling snowflake!! Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So pretty Deb! Awesome cards! Love that snowflake! It's just beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just love that teddy -so cute-and what a great idea to give him a bauble to hold- love the Cardinal too as always fabulous stamps and cards

    ReplyDelete
  24. another one of my weekly favs deb - i love so many things about this card!
    http://toptencreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete